Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Area Man Claims He Had Anxiety Well Before It Was Cool

Osh Kosh, WI- Local TV and VCR repairman William Roth is quite upset these days, and for good reason. "Everyone is so accepting of mental illness nowadays, I remember back in my day when we held it like real men" This comes after a recent trend of high profile individuals, including many professional athletes and celebrities, have gone into detail on their personal struggles with mental illness, including anxiety and depression.

"Why can't they just keep it to themselves?" agreed owner of local family-owned bakery, Just Buns, Randolph Jensen. "I mean, I held it in and turn out just fine. And I made my sons do the same. I'll be damned if it raise boys who express how they feel"

Psychologists have noted that due to the recent changes in social attitudes toward mental illness, many groups, whom, otherwise would not seek help, such as males and minorities, have begun to seek help. They argue that the recent upward tick in the number of diagnosed cases of depression aren't necessarily related to more depression, just less cases of individuals refusing treatment. But Mr. Roth disagreed "Look at all these new cases of mental illness, I'm convinced this new generation is just soft"

Psychiatrists have pointed to this recent change in attitudes as a net positive, and many have begun to see an uptick in business. "I was finally able to get myself that boat I always wanted, I mean I had one, but it looked very working class, I finally feel like my income, title, and boat are all in agreement" said local psychiatrist Spenser Dimwidde M.D. However, many attitudes still persist about the mental illness all just being in your head. When asked if he would ever set aside his toxic ideas of masculinity, Mr. Jensen simply replied "No."

No comments:

Post a Comment