Wednesday, March 28, 2018

ICE Agent Rethinking His Commitment to a White Ethno-State

---Honestly, Anywhere in Florida

Five year ICE veteran Jason Hernandez is starting to have second thoughts. "You know, when I first started this job, I had heroic illusions of kicking down doors and uprooting families, but in a good kinda way, ya know?" Stating that he got into the job primarily for the opportunity to travel, Hernandez realized that splitting up families was just icing on the cake. "With Obama, I felt like yeah, this guy is only kinda committed to returning 8 year olds back to countries they've never been, but his heart wasn't fully in it....like he kinda was hoping the courts would stop him. With President Trump, I know he's fully committed to keeping our demographics in check, so, initially, I was exhilarated." However, Jason has recently begun to have doubts about just how committed he really is to putting a stop to the ongoing demographic shift. "I've noticed that in the past few months I've really lost my passion for this, I've found myself having to explain my last name more and more to my co-workers" Hernandez, who adamantly refutes any Hispanic heritage despite his name sounding "eerily illegal-esque" as his co-workers assert, states that his family name is a result of his father changing the family name in hopes that his children would benefit from affirmative action.

"It started out innocent, like, hey look it's Hernandez, but now it's really taken a dark turn, now, my co-workers say stuff like 'boy I know it sucks to have to tear apart your own'" Hernandez states that he misses the casual, subliminal racism his workplace was once known for. Now, he says, he feels like an oppressed minority. "Is this what minorities feel like? I guess I kinda get it now, I thought with my last name I could like get into prestigious colleges with bad grades or jobs I'm not qualified for, or something like that" When asked if recent workplace interactions have put a damper on his enthusiasm for the upcoming raid of daycare, Hernandez replied "I guess, maybe between now and then something changes, but for now, I'm still committed"

No comments:

Post a Comment