Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Local College Grad Working at Starbucks Until Screenplay Takes Off, Or Fundamental Shift in Economy, Whichever Happens First

Silver Lake, Los Angeles--

26 year old Doctoral student Ben Fleishman has stated that the only reason he is working at the local Starbucks is that he's waiting until the screenplay he's been working on takes off. "Yeah, I mean at this point, I'm in so much debt, I don't even care anymore, and besides, the job gives me time to work on my writing" The screenplay, which Fleishman states is a coming of age movie that involves a shut in girl finally gaining the courage to come outside when she gets a dreamy next door neighbor, has been in the editing process for the past 4 years. "I feel my big break coming any day now, I got a reply from a couple production companies, mostly cease and desists, but it's encouraging to know they've acknowledged my work"

When asked how his screenplay is any different from the other numerous movies already sharing the plot, Fleishman responded "the character development is really good, I mean we see her really gain self-confidence over the film" Again, pressed on how this is any different from the dozens of other screenplays sharing this plot, Fleishman, visibly perturbed, retorted "You just don't get my work, my vision, you'll see" However, the screenplay isn't the only option that Fleishman is waiting on. "Yeah my screenplay is my primary goal, but honestly, I'm also counting on a fundamental shift in the structure of the economy any day now"

"I feel like at this point, with income inequality the way it is, I'm just waiting for a total overthrow of the economic model any day now, wherein we eat the rich then redistribute their wealth....but honestly, at this point, I'd settle for universal healthcare, the overthrow of the economy would just be a pleasant surprise...icing on the cake" Fleishman, who's uninsured, noted that he takes 2 Aleeve per day as a form of preventative healthcare. When asked when he expects either of these two things to occur, and which he predicts will happen first, Fleishman replied "I really can't say, but you can contribute to my GoFundMe"

No comments:

Post a Comment