Monday, April 2, 2018

Introverts Overwhelmed By Size of Crowd at Introvert Gathering

Cincinnati, OH--- A recent gathering of introverts within the Tri-State area has left many introverts at the conference exhausted and feeling overwhelmed. Stating that they didn't know so many people would show up and actually want to talk, attendees of the conference have begun to feel smothered. "I really thought that it would just be a small, intimate gathering, but, turns out, there are so many people here, and some want to interact....this guy introduced himself to me and tried to engage me and honestly, I'm exhausted." recalled introvert Sarah Vincennes, of Middletown, OH. This convention has come about after months of rescheduling by the planners, stating that they just needed more time to themselves before undertaking such an effort.

"Honestly, we've been planning this since last year, but after each phone call, I just felt like I needed time to recharge from the interaction, so we've been pushing it back, until finally, we decided to just communicate via e-mail." said event coordinator Tim Wells. He added "I didn't know so many people would show up, it's really throwing me off"

26 year-old introvert, and pipe fitter Reed Stintson isn't letting the crowds get to him "I brought a book and some headphones in case interactions become too much. I've even been practicing my daydream look". When asked for a comment on the outlook of the possibilities of having another conference next year, organizers responded that they will need personal time before committing to another undertaking.


No comments:

Post a Comment